So I started a new thing with Megan this week. I am going to devote a full week to a color and we are going to focus specifically on that color only. We decided that this week would be yellow week. For sure it takes Megan much less than a week to learn a color (in fact, she already knows several after just being told them a few times) but I still think that it’ll be a fun way for her to learn, and I think that a full week will really impress the colors on her.
Some of the things we did to focus on yellow:
* She wore only yellow clothing
* She had yellow colored baths
* We blew up yellow balloons
* She learned how to read the word “yellow”
* We colored only in yellow
* We pointed out everything that was yellow
* She drank only out of yellow cups
* We listened to “We All Live in a Yellow Submarine” by the Beatles and “Yellow” by Coldplay
We took lots of pictures to document Megan’s yellow week. I have posted a few here. There are even more on picasa. Next week is red week. Probably we will do much of the same, but we will be able to incorporate more red foods (like spaghetti). There weren’t many yellow foods that I could think of especially because Megan is such a picky eater. I did point out that the banana that I was eating was yellow. It actually has been a lot of fun for me to do this. I love teaching Megan and watching her learn. Also…yellow is a great color on her!