Here are some of Megan’s two year facts:
– She knows all of her letters: uppercase and lower
– Recently she started saying the alphabet backwards. So far she’s gotten to the letter “Q”.
– She can recognize and read about 150 words, and she learns new words everyday. Some are simple, like: cat, bird, or fish. Others are a little more advanced like: mountain, rainbow, sunset and wetlands (thanks to her Nature Discovery flash cards).
– She can spell a few words including: cow, dog, apple, ball, Elmo, and Megan!
– She knows all the letters in sign language and can recognize the signs for probably 50 words
– She knows her numbers 1-20. If she is counting objects, and there are more then 20, then she will say “19,19,19…” over and over again until she gets to the last one and then she’ll say: “20!”
– She knows what the: dog, cat, frog, cow, bear, lion, pig, horse, elephant, sheep/lamb, dolphin, mouse (in this house, mice say “YUCK!”), bird, train, and baby say.
– She can recognize the shapes: triangle, square, rectangle, diamond, heart, circle, star, and oval
– She knows the colors: YELLOW, red, blue, green, orange, pink, white, black, purple and brown
– She weighs almost 20 pounds!! My goal was 20lbs by 2 years. We almost made it! It only took her a year to gain 5lbs!
– She is 31 inches tall. She wears size 18-24 months. 2T DROWNS her!
– She loves to SING! She sings all day long. Right now she sings “Old MacDonald” the most (probably because we just bought her a whole bunch of little animals that she LOVES to play with). She also likes to sing: “Popcorn Popping”, “Roll You Hands”, “A- You’re Adorable” (this one is hilarious to hear), “Ring Around the Rosies”, “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”, “Itsy, Bitsy, Spider”, “A- is for Arm…”, “Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam”, “Once There Was a Snowman”, “Elmo’s Alphabet Rap”, and OF COURSE, “The Alphabet Song”. She also likes to make up her own songs.
– She really likes foods with tomato sauce in them: spaghetti, lasagna, pizza…anything with some sort of tomato sauce. She also likes cheerios, fruit snacks, grapes, and APPLE JUICE. Overall though, she really has ZERO interest in food. Most meals are a challenge, but we are finding more and more things that she will actually eat willingly (this week we actually got her to eat chicken and avocado for dinner. AND THEN, she even had 4 bites of ice cream!!! It was a miracle. This girl does NOT like sweets).
Of course we are excited about the fun things that Megan can do. We recognize that she is pretty smart. She is still a little girl though, and she enjoys little girl things. She loves to play and dance and JUMP and run and laugh. She loves Elmo and VeggieTales. She likes to be chased around the house and to give kisses. She is a little monkey, and she climbs on everything. She knows the things that she shouldn’t be getting into, and when she gets into them she says, “Meeegaaan….noooooo!” She is just so much fun and we just love our little girl so much.